Sunday, November 18, 2007

Tower of Power?


Only this past week did I noticed this tower for the first time! It was only when the leaves had fallen from the trees that it was revealed to me. I decided to take a closer look...


A short trip up a small hill past some vineyards...



Built in 1909. Overlooking the town of Konstanz and Switerland and Austria. This was the era of the Wilheiminian Empire.


Bismark. The Iron Chancellor. Is this a monument to German unity or Imperialism?


Is that a representation of Bismark or some unforgiving god of war?


This is Konstanz below the tower. If you click on the picture you can see the Alps in the distance. On most days the Alps are hidden in fog, clouds or pollution.

2 comments:

Burke said...

i want to strap on my birkenstocks and hike the Alps

Rodwellian said...

I'll come along if i can. How's school Sammy? Will you visit us before you leave?