Friday, August 11, 2006

Viva Las Vegas!



The Hoover Dam is located just outside Vegas. We crossed right over it to get to the city of sin.



The Luxor was our home base in Vegas. www.luxor.com

I was in Las Vegas ten years ago. Back then I wanted to stay in the world's largest pyramid, but it was booked solid. Ten years is a lifetime in Vegas. So much has changed. Several new hotels have appeared on the strip since then. The most impressive are New York, New York, The Venetian, and Paris.

If you haven't been to Las Vegas stop reading this blog and go book a trip!

Every hotel is like a giant amusement park. It doesn't matter if you gamble or not. Speaking of which... I had some early luck on the slot machines. I spent five dollars at the slots at Luxor and managed to win $8 in five minutes. I took the winnings and walked to New York, New York and put that money into the Elvis slot machines. As soon as the machine took my money I heard Elvis say, "Thank-you very much!" After a few minutes I doubled my money. Thank-you Elvis! I left the King and proceeded to another machine thinking lady luck was shining down on me. I hit the $1 slots. That's when the downward spiral started. $40-$50 later I realized the odds were stacked against me.

We found the Venetian to be the most impressive resort. Why go to Venice, the Venetian is just as good and it doesn't flood, at least not yet. There is a shopping mall with an actual canal and gondolas which can take you from high-end shop to high-end shop. The security guards are even dressed like carabinieri.

No comments: