Thursday, August 10, 2006

What would Jesus drive?



After Arcosanti we drove down to Phoenix and Scottsdale to visit my relatives. I spent the afternoon catching up with my great aunt and cousin and Mr. B went to check out the third Frank Lloyd Wright house on our trip, called Taliesin West. When Mr. B returned we were treated to an italian-american sandwich buffet extavaganza. Espresso chasers capped the evening.

We spent the night with another cousin who also lives in Scottsdale. After we booked our rooms in Vegas we jumped in the Jaccuzzi to unwind after three weeks of heavy vacationing. It's been so long since I've been on an extended vacation that I've forgotten how hectic it can get.

And off to city of sin called Las Vegas on Sunday morning. Lest we forget that it was the Lord's day, we had this reminder in Kingman, Arizona. I've seen plenty of store-front churches in my day, but never a store-front catholic church. Can you imagine asking someone in Kingman: "Excuse me, how do I get to St. Mikes?"



It's great to know Jesus would not have to spend 40 days walking in the desert to get to Las Vegas to save all the sinners. St. Mikes has a late 1970s Cadillac with A/C available. In America, J.C rides in comfort and style.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's your next stop?
Why are you abusing bunnies again?